Here's an updated rundown of our flood losses from the May 12 storms. First the bad news. What we've lost:
- Our tractor. The repair estimate came in at about $1500, which is just not economical for an 11 year old tractor that's been run pretty hard. The board has authorized $2500 for a replacement. A couple of residents have helped out with the mowing, but our request for additional help from members with a tractors went unanswered. This is a big hit to our emergency fund, but is necessary.
- The pump protector circuit on our well. We've already replaced this at a cost of $170.
- Our new refrigerator. Unless we can find someone in the neighborhood to take a look at it, we'll likely end up scrapping it.
But there's some good news too:
- The roto-tiller was able to be salvaged at a cost of only $100.
- One of the recently donated refrigerators survived, so we have cold storage in the shed.
- The board, along with a handful of residents, was able to get the park ready for the 2014 season by Memorial Day. When you consider the pictures above from only a week earlier, this is a great accomplishment. To everyone who helped us out- Thank You!
- We've received a number of substantial donations from members towards the flood recovery cost. It's reassuring to know that so many of you recognize the value that our park represents, and are willing to go above and beyond to support it. Thank you so much for your help!
Membership is our primary income, and now, more than ever, we need your membership to help us recover and continue. If you haven't yet purchased your 2014 membership, or have been on the fence about joining, please consider how much the park adds to the community and how much we need your help. If you've paid your membership and would like to donate additional funds to the cleanup effort, we've added a Donations button in the menu at the top of the page that you can use. Any funds donated will go directly to the cleanup effort or to our capital improvements fund. Whether helping by purchasing a membership, or donating your time or money, we greatly appreciate your help.
Thank you for your continued support.